Julie Lilly-City Clerk
Office of the City Clerk
115 North Main
Taylorville, Illinois 62568
Phone: (217) 824-2101
Fax: (217) 824-8731
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Excluding holidays)
The City Clerk of Taylorville is Julie Lilly. The City Clerk’s office has three full-time employees. The Clerk is the keeper of all records and the custodian of the municipal seal of the City of Taylorville. She attends all meetings of the City Council and keeps a full journal of its proceedings. She is the FOIA Officer for the City and processes all requests.
Some of the duties performed by the Clerk’s Office:
- Index and file all documents including Council Minutes, ordinances, agreements, franchises, annexations, resolutions, contracts, subdivisions, bids.
- Prepare, issue, and collect for licenses, permits and fees.
- Prepare and record all cemetery deeds
- Prepare and mail notices of council and committee meetings, including those for Board of Appeals, Plan Commission, and Cemetery Board of Managers.
- Issues and maintains all lake lot and campground records.
- Respond to all requests for copies of records under Freedom of Information Act.
- Comply with record retention laws.
- Collect and verify all money collections except water bills and parking fines.
- Prepare and post all Accounts Payable/bills of the City
- Prepare and post all Accounts Receivables
- Answers numerous inquiries
- Work closely with the Mayor, All Aldermen, City Attorney, and All Superintendents
- Member Fire Pension Board and serves as Trustee and Secretary
- Issue all Fire Pension checks and keeps records for Fire Pension Board
- Staff records minutes of all Council Committee Meetings